- How often should I see a dentist?
- What should I expect at my first appointment?
- What does “painless dentistry” mean?
- Why do you use Digital X-rays?
- What if I have a dental emergency?
- Are payment plans available for my dental treatment?
- Can the dentist whiten my teeth?
Q. How often should I see a dentist?
A. The American Dental Association (ADA) guidelines recommend visiting a dentist at least twice a year for a checkup and professional cleaning. Our office also recommends a minimum of two visits per year.
A. During your first visit, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of your teeth and mouth (if needed)
- Check your teeth and gums for any cavities or signs of tooth decay or gum disease
- Take diagnostic pictures
- Schedule your first visit with the hygienist for an appropriate cleaning
At this visit the doctor will meet with you to discuss your X-rays, work with you to create your own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions you may have.
A. Painless dentistry is a means of ensuring your experience in our office is as stress-free and pain-free as possible. We offer several options to reduce discomfort and anxiety, including lasers, laughing gas and oral conscious sedation.
A. At Dental Expressions we chose to replace traditional dental X-rays with digital x-rays for a number of reasons.
- Less Radiation. Digital X-rays use up to 90 percent less radiation than film X-rays.
- Faster Development. With digital radiography, the sensor develops the picture almost instantly and projects it onto a computer screen, which means less type you need to sit in the chair.
- Higher Quality Images. The standard size of traditional X-rays can make viewing difficult, but digital radiography can be enlarged or magnified for a better visual of the tooth’s structure. This allows us to see small cavities easier.
- Easier to Send. We can e-mail your images to dental specialists for review or easily transfer your files to your new dentists.
A. Please call our office as soon as you experience a dental emergency. If it occurs after business hours, over the weekend, or during the holidays, please call the office and follow the prompts to have a doctor paged.
A. Yes. We accept multiple dental insurance plans and will process your claim on your behalf after the co-payment has been received. In addition, we accept both CareCredit and the Citi Health Card, as well as most major credit cards, including MasterCard and Visa.
A. We offer both in-office Philips ZOOM! Whitening System, the No. 1 patient requested professional whitening brand that only takes about an hour in our office and the Philips Zoom! DayWhite and NiteWhite take-home whitening treatments that allow you to whiten your teeth at your convenience in a safe, effective way. Dr. Boles will create a customized bleaching tray from an impression of your mouth. Some patients see results just after one night, though expect to see results in about a week.